Finally! A Shaver for Those With Thick Hair
Growing up I was always told by the men in my family that my facial hair was too thick for electric shavers. After exclusively using the reusables from Schick and Gillette for many years, I tried a hand me down electric shaver for the first time and had virtually no success with it and soon abandoned it. Fast forward 8 years to when I received Braun Series 3 3040 Wet and Dry Shaver from Braun and I was skeptical to say the least.
After carefully reading the instructions, I decided to dive right in and take it for a test drive. My first shave was completely dry and here’s what I took away from the experience:
1. It provided a very, very close shave. In my opinion nearly on par with using blades but the difference was negligible.
2. Didn’t need any shaving cream. If mainly using it dry, then in the long run this could save time and money without sacrificing quality when it comes to getting a good shave.
3. Captures all of the hair well. Most of the time when I rinse out the blades in my sink and shake/tap the razor, I get hair all over the sink. Not the case with the Braun.
4. Not that I recommend doing this but in a pinch, I could see using this while on the go for my morning commute in order to save time.
5. It was very easy to clean and maintain. I’m obsessive about taking care of my belongings, especially anything electric and the simplicity of the Braun shaver really made things easy even for someone like myself who might overcomplicate things.
1. Requires some patience. I find myself stretching my skin out a little bit more and making sure it is taut in order to reach some spots especially around my throat.
2. In some instances I needed multiple passes over the same area to get a close shave. This did not lead to razor burn but it did leave the skin a little more dry than I would have liked.
Overall, I am very satisfied with it. Its not perfect and I could possibly see myself returning to the reusable razors at some point but for now the simple joy of having finally found an electric shaver that can provide a close, comfortable shave with little to no mess or maintenance is something I am really going to enjoy.
1/13/2017 10:49 AM
Was this review helpful?